Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MY FIRST POST

Hello everyone. Welcome to my blog. I was born in Portugal but came to the U.S. as a young boy (many moons ago). I'm not a certified teacher, I'm a CPA by trade. But I want to transition to teaching English to adults in Europe. The goal is to finish the M.Ed. in TESL program in 2011 and leave for Europe in 2012. I currently teach private students English and Portuguese on a part-time basis. I also do translations. What the heck - my website is www.portuscalelanguage.com. If anything, you may learn a little Portuguese when you check it out.

When I'm not in class I like to read, surf the web, exercise, and watch Portuguese television (no commercials!). I spend a lot of time in my office, where I'm writing a reference book for Portuguese-speaking ELLs who need help with phrasal verbs and prepositions.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this course and getting to know the rest of you.

1 comment:

  1. If your dedication to teaching English is as great as your dedication to your CPA career, you will be a great teacher. Good luck in this next phase of your life. I hope you have a wonderful journey!!

    ReplyDelete